Donating your used car to a 510(c)(3) charity is becoming massively popular due the deduction on federal tax returns. It's easy and has little risk.
Here is how it works:
1. If the vehicle runs, please drive it over to us. Contact us to find out where we are. (We will happily drive you back to your house)
2. If the vehicle does not run, we will hire a towing company to come and get it.
3. Include the pink slip so we can officially sign the vehicle into our name (this will make sure you are not held responsible for parking tickets, etc..)
4. If the vehicle does not fit our needs, we sell the vehicle and will send you a receipt of the value so you can deduct your contribution from your taxes.
5. If we can use the vehicle, or it is worth less than $500, you can deduct the Fair Market Value (Kelley Blue Book) from your taxes. We will give you a receipt.
6. If your vehicle is worth more than $500, complete an IRS form 8283 and attach it to your yearly taxes.
We assure you, we will make the most of every donation! Contact us to get started.